Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bao Thi sings Myolie Wu's song

Vietnamese singers have been accused of lack of originality. Many in the past have copied Chinese music and write Vietnamese lyrics for the songs. Not to name any names here but my question is... Is this acceptable? Here is an example of a modified Chinese song to Vietnamese.


This Chinese version is by Moylie Wu

This is the Vietnamese version by Bao Thy
If I am a songer writer I would not be happy if someone copy my music and write different lyrics for them. But as a listener I don't care if the music was a copy as long I understand what the singers are singing. Sometime you find that by trying to fit certain words to the sound of the tune the song become completely meaningless.

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

blogger templates | Make Money Online