Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ivy back on stage after three years


K-pop singer Ivy has returned to the stage after nearly three years.

Ivy held a showcase at a club in southern Seoul, Tuesday, as Mnet, the leading cable music channel, broadcast her performance live.

During the showcase, she sang ``Touch Me,'' the flagship song on her third album, which captivated fans with its melody. Ivy also sang ``Goodbye Tears,'' which explains the mind of a woman as she copes with difficulties and yearns for hope, and her 2007 hit song ``Sonata of Temptation.''

A lot of singers and entertainers, including Psy, Solbi and Kim Ji-hoon, were present at the showcase.

During the performance, the 27-year-old said, ``I want to show that I stand on my own feet by overcoming hardship and difficult times. Malignant Internet comments plague me again, but I will work hard for the sake of my parents.''

Ivy has been off the radar since 2007 due to conflicts that arose after her former boyfriend threatened to release sex videos.

She made her debut in 2005 with her first album ``My Sweet and Free Day.'' The album was a minor hit and after a one-year hiatus, she released her second album ``A Sweet Moment,'' which spawned the hit ``Sonata of Temptation.''


Credit: Korea Times

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

blogger templates | Make Money Online