Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Edison Chen In World Exclusive TV Interview On CNN’s Talk Asia

A remorseful Edison Chen

Recently, Edison Chen accepted an interview with CNN's 'Talk Asia', during which the nude photo scandal was the main focus of the programme's host. Thinking back to the past, Edison recalls and expressed that then, the girls featured in the nude photos all posed willingly.

Edison expressed that even though there were many rumours and groundless allegations, however, a year has passed since the scandal and now he can face all that has happened anew. In the programme, Edison admitted that he has indeed once photographed more than 1300 photographs, and they were all done under the consent of the other party involved. When the scandal erupted, he was very scared, and it was a hassle whenever he travelled. "I spent 3 months before I could walk out of the terrorizing shadows. Once, I spent 5 days in a row in a dark state of mind, I threw on some things on myself, and didn't want to go anywhere." In addition, regarding Cecilia Cheung's accusations, he expressed that he felt very apologetic towards her.


Check out the exclusive and wide-ranging interview with Anjali Rao, host of CNN's ‘Talk Asia', Edison Chen reveals new details on the scandal that rocked Asia and reverberated around the world.


On why he chose to speak to CNN:
"Now legally I'm allowed to speak about it because the trial's finally over and honestly there's been a lot of talk through the past year and a half about this or that, and a lot of rumors, a lot of hearsay. I have a lot to say and I think I'm only gonna say it once so I think that it would be best to say it here with you.


On being in hiding:
"I was afraid to go anywhere. I was traveling around when I was still in Hong Kong in trunks of taxis, literally, just to get to places. I had to be in the trunk for 15 minutes. I didn't even know if I had enough oxygen to be honest with you""Even when I had left Asia and I had went to Canada and America, it took me 3 months to really get out of the shell that I had put myself in. I mean, I was in darkness for 5 days. I had my drapes closed and I didn't even want to go anywhere"


On Cecilia Cheung's accusation and his public apology to her:
"I don't really want to have a back and forth with her, which is why I didn't really comment on what she had said before...I wasn't allowed to talk to her in the initial because of the police request and they were investigating me, which already had troubled me a lot...I really do feel sorry. I really am sorry to her."


On how many pictures were taken and consent:
Edison admits that there were more than 1300 pictures taken and all of them were taken with the women's consent: "Everything was mutual. It was all consensual... if I have a camera in front of your face and there's a flash, do you know that I'm taking a photo of you? That's as simple as it is."

Airtimes:
Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Singapore and Taipei
Wednesday, June 3 at 2030
Thursday, June 4 at 1100
Saturday, June 6 at 1230 & 2230
Sunday, June 7 at 0430
Monday, June 8 at 1000
Wednesday, June 9 at 0130


Bangkok and Jakarta
Wednesday, June 3 at 1930
Thursday, June 4 at 1000
Saturday, June 6 at 1130 & 2130
Sunday, June 7 at 0330
Monday, June 8 at 0900
Wednesday, June 9 at 0030

Edison Chen's interview can be viewed online at www.cnn.com/talkasia after the program airing.

Source: CNN Asia;

Credit to: Translated by Initial E @ http://asianfanatics.net


0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

blogger templates | Make Money Online