Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chris Brown apologises for Rihanna assault

Rihanna & Chris Brown


R&B singer Chris Brown issued a video apology on Monday for assaulting former girlfriend Rihanna, pleading for forgiveness from his fans for "inexcusable" behaviour.

Brown, who will next month be sentenced to 180 days of community service for the February 8 incident, posted the apology on his official website in a two-minute statement made directly to camera.

"I wish I had the chance to live those few moments again, but unfortunately I can't," Brown said. "I'm not going to sit here and make any excuses. What I did was inexcusable.

" The 20-year-old singer said he had apologised repeatedly to Barbados-born "Umbrella" singer Rihanna and revealed that he continued to seek help to prevent a repeat of his outburst.

"I have told Rihanna countless times, and I'm telling you today, that I am truly, truly sorry that I wasn't able to handle the situation differently and better," he said.

"As many of you know, I grew up in a home where there was domestic violence, and I saw first-hand what uncontrolled rage could do.

"I have sought and I am continuing to seek help to ensure that what occurred in February can never happen again ... What I did was unacceptable, 100 per cent. I can only ask and pray that you forgive me, please.

" Brown escaped a jail sentence after a plea deal with prosecutors over the assault, which took place as the couple drove home from a pre-Grammy Awards party.

The incident shocked the music world and left Rihanna nursing cuts and bruises to her face, forcing her to cancel a scheduled performance at the Grammys in Los Angeles.

Affidavits filed in the case alleged Brown slammed Rihanna's head against the window of a car the couple were travelling in before repeatedly punching and biting her.



0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

blogger templates | Make Money Online