Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vicki Zhao delays graduation for 'Mulan'

Actress Vicki Zhao as "Mulan"

Chinese actress Vicki Zhao wants it all and now she is paying the price.

The "Painted Skin" actress who is pursuing a masters degree in directing at the Beijing Film Academy, has to delay her graduation after failing to complete her graduation project.

Zhao was supposed to graduate this summer but the 33-year-old put her studies aside to focus on her latest movie "Mulan", in which she plays the titular character.

"I am a good student. I don't want to finish the project hastily," she said during an interview with the Star Daily. "But Mulan is such a good role that you don't have any reason to turn it down. So I decided to finish the film first and then concentrate on my project. I have been preparing it all along, and I hope I can present it next year."

Zhao declined to reveal what her project is about, only saying that it will be a "surprise".

"Playing the role of Mulan is the most important thing for me this year. It will have a great influence on my career," she said.

A feature film about Mulan has been in development for years with a number of actresses considered for the lead role including "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" stars Zhang Ziyi and Michelle Yeoh. Directed by Jingle Ma, "Mulan", an epic story of the Chinese girl-warrior who fights to defend her father, also stars Jaycee Chan, son of Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan. It is set for a 2010 release.

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

blogger templates | Make Money Online