Friday, July 31, 2009

Michelle Reis makes her comeback

Former Miss Hong Kong - Michelle Reis


After her marriage, Michelle Reis makes her comeback in Bodyguards and Assassins, fulfilling her 10-year promise to Peter Chen.

Producer Peter Chen divulged that he could not find anyone else more suitable for the role than Reis. After about three months of shooting, filming was finally wrapped up yesterday in Shanghai.

After marrying a tycoon last year, Reis has been busy with enjoying her current lifestyle. However, at the invitation of renowned producer, Peter Chen, to star in his film, Reis immediately agreed and finally made a return to the entertainment scene after her marriage.

In this movie, Reis took on the role of a devastatingly beautiful woman who changed the entire life of a beggar, portrayed by Leon Lai in the movie. She rallied around him nd helped him find the courage and pride to live on. Despite past rumours about them, the pair do not share much onscreen time in this movie.

On her role in the movie, Reis expressed, "I cried after reading the script for this movie. The character made me believe that love knows no boundaries, not even life or death."

Director Teddy Chen shared that he started planning for Bodyguards and Assassins 10 years ago. He had always wanted to Reis to star in that role, however, due to certain filming complications, the script was consistently being changed with much alterations made to the role of the beggar. Despite that, Teddy had no qualms of his decision to star Reis in her role, "Reis has a kind of ability to calm and influence people, and this has not changed over the course of 10 years."

Peter revealed that he was initially worried that he might be disturbing Reis, however he could not find anyone else more suitable than her. He was also surprised that the latter immediately agreed to his request.

The married Hong Kong actress feels that married life does not change things much and shared that her husband has been very supportive of her filming this movie.

During an interview with the Chinese press, the actress said, "Before my marriage, I was a person who needed a lot of personal space. For example, if a job required me to be at a certain place for a month long, I could immediately comply after informing my family, they are okay with it."

"I have always been working although I was more focused on advertising work and appearing at functions. I have been receiving lots of scripts, however, I am not satisfied with most of them. Now that I have a family, I feel that I should be more careful and thorough with choosing my next project so that I can give both the audience and myself a good reason for my appearance, said the actress who went on and elaborated about the support and trust she received from her husband.

The stellar cast of Bodyguards and Assassins features the likes of Donnie Yen, Tony Leung, Nicholas Tse, Hu Ge, Eric Tsang, Simon Yam, Fan Bing Bing, and Leon Lai.


0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

blogger templates | Make Money Online