Friday, March 19, 2010

TVB GM Stephen Chan Responds to Corruption Allegations


Stephen Chan, the general manager of Hong Kong's largest broadcaster, Television Broadcasting (TVB), has for the first time responded to allegations of accepting bribes and taking advantage of artists' payments.

Accompanied by his lawyers, Chan told reporters the public has yet to know the truth.

"All the reports about me these days said I hid in my house. That's not true. In fact, I lived just like before. I went out to see friends and have meals. I'm not going to respond to all the false reports. "

Chan also said he is doing well and there is no need to worry about him.

"I must say, when changes occur in your life, changes without reason, don't panic and don't give up, because the truth is the truth, and the untrue is not going to become true. Thanks for all of your support and concern."

Sounds cryptic, huh? Anyway, Chan refused to disclose more details.

The 50-year-old was arrested by the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) on March 11. The arrest was especially shocking in Hong Kong because he is the public face of TVB, appearing at station events and hosting his own interview show ("Be My Guest") that draws the city's top celebrities.

Chan has not been officially charged and is currently out on bail.

By Liu Yan @ CriEnglish

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

blogger templates | Make Money Online